You’re bored, I can see it from here. All this summer is getting on your nerves and you’re longing for the knitting season again. I see. Hmm. Well. How about a knit-a-long (KAL)? Good idea, huh?
Ok, so here is my proposal. You could, if you don’t have anything better to do, join my VERY FIRST KAL from AUGUST 14 to September 30 2016 in my Ravelry group. I am about to release a new Shawl and mittens set and will be hosting a KAL in which we’ll knit the set together. You can even win lovely prizes, can it get any better? Oh, wait, yes it can!
If you’re a newsletter subscriber, you can get the patterns at a discount. I’ll mail out a coupon code the 14th of August, together with the pattern release note, so make sure to sign up before that! 🙂 Sign up for the newsletter here (top right corner).
Here is a sneak peek of what we’ll knit:
What’s in it for you: Finish the set by October 31, post a picture of the finished SET in the KAL thread and…
- EVERYONE who finishes a set and posts a picture in the KAL thread of the finished SET by October 31st 2016 will win another of my pattern In Bloom Shawl
- One lucky Poster will receive one skein of the lovely BaaBoo, (shipping worldwide) at the end of the KAL.
Don’t forget to post progress shots and tell us what yarn you’ll be using, too.
What you need:
For the shawl
- 2 skeins Extravagance from Hearthside Fibers, 280 yards (256 meters)/100g OR
- 1 skein Crystal by Hearthside Fibers, 412 yards (377 meters) /100g or similar
- A cable needle (at least 80cm/30in) in an appropriate size (I used 3mm for fingering, 4mm for DK)
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
For the mitts:
- approx. 30g Baaboo (401m/438 yards per 115g) or
- 25g Crystal (377m/412 yards per 113g) from Hearthside Fibers in your favourite colours (My mittens are made from Baaboo Poinsetta (rose) and Crystal Salsa (orange)
- 5 double pointed needles 2.5 or 3mm (alternatively a cable needle in the same size)
- 2 stitch markers
- Tapestry needle for sewing in ends
We’re going to knit the new Fall In Love Shawl and fingerless mittens set and celebrate the coming of fall, by falling in love with this combo! 🙂