So here’s a list of things I want to do in 2018
knitting techniques to learn:
- double face knitting
- Latvian braids
- I-cord bind off
- fair isle (for real, I suck at this…)
As fortune wills it, a friend of mine – the talented String Alchemist – is working on a new incredible pattern and I am going to test knit this beauty! This will be ticking off a few points off my list. Here’s a hint for you: It’s not the hat 🙂 We went for a lovely snowy photoshoot last week and I cannot wait to show you the real pics!
- knit something for myself! After I had to realize that my own mittens are kind of outdated (ehem), I decided to start a new pair for myself. For a change. So I started to tick off the most urgent point off the list because this is unacceptable…
So from this…
I made a new pair of convertible mittens. Check!
What else is on the list? Hmm, let me see…
- travel more! YESS!!!! I am so ready to see new places after being grounded due to maternity that I cannot decide where to go first. .. But at least two countries I haven’t been to yet will be ticked off my list this year! Travel Turtle needs holidays!
- dye more yarrrrrns! I’ve got a huge box full of lovely fresh un-dyed beauties that need tending to! Time to get creative! (see my hand dyes yarns here)
- Improve photography skills and go for a night shoot in town (You can see more of my pictures on Instagram)
- loose 15kgs until my son’s first birthday (oh yes, I will! 5 down already!)
- stash down more – I’ll be keeping count of the amounts I use from stash this year and will hope to loose some kgs there, too 😛
- design more – I already have my first new pattern in testing now and can’t wait for you to see it! Here’s a sneak peek:
I have been working with this bunch of gorgeous Cascade yarns, which are just incredible to work with. so soft and shiny!! They will soon turn into my newest addition to the Mumpitz Design pattern family!
So far so goo.What’s on your list? Now I only need to get everything done!
Let’s start by finishing this wip 🙂