Caterpillar knitting pattern PDF English version
This caterpillar is the star in every kid’s room and loves to cuddle with your baby. It is the perfect size for a life long companion who will stay with you night and day.
Following techniques are used in this pattern:
* Knit in the round
* simple increases and decreases
* short rows
* picking up stitches for the smaller parts so that your toy will be perfectly baby safe
The gauge is not very important, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fiberfill from showing.
My caterpillars are made from DK cotton yarn on needles 2.5mm and measure about 40cm (16inches).
What you need:
• approx. 50-60g cotton yarn or similar DK yarn in your favourite colours, the more the merrier
• Small leftover in black for the face
• 5 double pointed needles (2.5mm or appropriate to yarn weight)
• Tapestry needle
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.