$6.50 price inluding tax
This couple are celebrating their friendship and having a dinner tonight. Will you join in?
Both animals are knit in the round as far as possible and require only a minimum of sewing. Head, ears and tail are knit separately and attached to the body later. I like using cotton yarns as they are robust and machine washable and keeps it‘s shape well, which makes it ideal for baby toys, but you can use any yarn you like.
This pattern is for advanced knitters.
Techniques used are:
- knit in the round and in rows
- German short rows (photo tutorial included)
- simple increases and decreases
- knitting with two colours
- kitchener stitch / grafting
What you need:
- Cotton or other dk weight yarn, for example Cascade Ultra Prima (200m/100g) in the following amounts:
- Fox: orange #3822 (40-50g), white #3728 (20-30g), black #3754 (5-10g)
- Raccoon: dark grey #3729 (30-40g), light grey #3808 (5-10g), off white #3718 (20-30g), black #3754(5-10g)
- A set of double pointed needles or cable needle (one size smaller than indicated on the yarn – I used 2.5mm)
- 1 stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round
- optional: leftover bits for embroidery on the animal, small scarf or top hat…
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
- fibrefill and filling granule/rice or sand in a bag for better stability
I used Cascade Ultra Prima on needles 2.5mm for my Woodland Friends.
They measure 25cm from top to toe.
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.