These convertible mittens are not only practical but make a fun accessory and toy at the same time! And who said that only kids should have fun? Make them in any size you like and start monster-ing away!
The pattern uses following techniques:
- knits and purls in rounds and rows,
- simple increases and decreases,
- cast on and cast off stitches
- picking up stitches
- 5-6g in a contrasting colour for spikes
- 2-3g of white for teeth and eyes
- leftover in black for pupils
- 5double pointed needles 2.5 or 3mm
- Tapestry needle to sew in ends
You can make these mittens with any fingering or even sport weight yarn you like and in any size. I will not give exact measurements as every knitter knits differently and every
hand is different, too, so please make a swatch before starting the mittens and see how many st you‘ll need to be sure they will fit you exactly. Approximates and size tables are given.
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.