Frigg’s Socks knitting pattern PDF
The Norse goddess of wisdom and patron of motherhood is called Frigg. She is Oden‘s wife and mother of Balder, god of poetry. Her long golden hair is praised in many stories. With simple but gently winding braids this pattern shall represent her beauty and grace.
This pattern shows off very well on solid or semi solid yarns.
This pattern completes a set with the Frigg‘s Mitts and is the third set in a series of four, inspired by Norse Mythology.
The other sets are
Jormungandr Mitts & Jormungandr Socks
Oden’s Mitts & Oden’s Socks
Frigg’s Mitts & Frigg’s Socks
Heimdallr Mitts & Heimdallr Socks
Techniques used are:
– knitting and purling in the round
– knitting cables
– German short rows (for the heel – tutorial included in this pattern)
What you need:
- ~100g sock yarn (depending on size), for example Cascade Yarns Heritage (400m/100g) in two contrasting colours (colour A: ~ 30g, colour B ~70g)
- 5 double pointed needles (or circular needle) 2.5 or 3mm (Pattern is written for dpns)
- 2 stitch markers
- Tapestry needle to sew in ends
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.