This cheeky lizard loves to bask in the sun on the window sill when he’s not playing with the kids. It’s a fast knit and a very cute addition to your private zoo 🙂
You need following techniques to knit this toy:
– knit in the round
– simple increases and decreases
– picking up stitches, if you want the toy to be absolutely baby safe.
The gauge is not important, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fiberfill from showing. My geckos are made from DK cotton yarn on needles 2.5mm and measure about 20 cm (8 in).
What you need:
• approx. 20-30g DK or sport weight yarn, cotton or similar
• Small leftover in black for the face
• 5 double pointed needles (2.5mm or appropriate to yarn weight)
• Tapestry needle
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.