During summer the sky is filled with them: colourful hot air balloons, floating over lakes and forests.
These balloons are quick and fun to make and use up your leftover scraps of yarn in no time. Mix as many colours as you like, it makes them all the prettier! They are fun in a mobile or just as decoration, and equally loved by small and big children.
Techniques used are
* knit in the round
* knit flat
* simple increases and decreases.
The gauge is not very important for these balloons, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fiberfill from showing.
What you need:
* ~ 10g sock weight yarn or other in any colour, the more colourful the happier 🙂
* small leftover in gondola colour (brown, yellow… as you like)
* 5 double pointed needles (2.5 – 3.5mm or appropriate to yarn weight)
* Tapestry needle
* thinner yarn to attach the gondola
The balloons in the pictures are made from sock weight yarn and needles size 2.5mm. They measure approx. 12 cm in height.
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.