Liam Lion knitting pattern PDF
This majestic but cuddly lion is the ideal gift for small and big kids alike and is a quick project. He is knit in the round with legs, ears and tail knit separately and attached later, but you can choose to pick up the stitches from the body and join as you go.
Techniques used are:
- knit in rounds and flat
- simple increases and decreases
- kitchener stitch / grafting
What you need:
- ~20grams of cotton or other dk weight yarn, for example Cascade Ultimo Pima (200m/100g) in lion yellow and brown (or your favourite combo)
- leftover yarn in black for eyes and face
- A set of double pointed needles or cable needle (one size smaller than indicated on the yarn – I used 2.5msts)
- 1 stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round
- optional: leftover bits for embroidery on the animal, small scarf or top hat…
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
100% of the revenue from this pattern sale go directly to the WWF (World Wildlife Fund).
More patterns supporting the WWF are:
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.