Molly Mouse Lovey knitting pattern PDF
Everybody needs a lovey! Molly the Mouse is a quick and easy knit and a wonderful gift for big and small kids alike. The blanket can be knit in any size and in two forms, just as you like until you either run out of yarn or feel it is big enough.
The toy is knit in the round, ears and blanket are picked up directly from the head to create a safe toy for your baby.
Techniques used are:
- knit in the round,
- do simple increases and decreases.
- kitchener stitch/grafting OR three needle bind off
The gauge is not very important for these toys, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fiberfill from showing.
What you need:
– Approx 10g cotton yarn or similar in the head colour
– 30-50g of the same yarn quality for the blankie in any colour/s you like, leftovers in the edging colour.
– 5 long double pointed needles and a cable needle, both fitting for the yarn weight you chose.
– Tapestry needle
The mice in the pictures are made from cotton yarn and needles size 2.5mm. They measure approx. 23x23cm (9in).
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.