These sweet little penguins are knit up quickly and make a great gift for old and young kids. This pattern includes instructions for big and small penguins, so that you can make a whole family.
Techniques used are:
- knit in the round and in rows
- simple increases and decreases
- kitchener stitch/grafting
The toy is knit in the round with coat, flippers, beak, feet and eyes knit separately to be sewn on later. You can also pick up the stitches from the body directly, if you prefer. The gauge is not important, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fibrefill from showing. My penguins are made from cotton yarn on needles 2.5mm and measure about 6-7cm (2-3inches).
What you need:
- approx. 10grams (30-40yards) cotton yarn or similar in the body colour (for example white or grey)
- 8-10grams (20-30yards) in the coat colour (black or dark grey)
- smaller leftovers of the same quality in yellow for feet and beak
- small leftovers in black for the eyes
- 5 double pointed needles (2.5 – 3.5mm)
- Tapestry needle
100% of the revenue from this pattern sale go directly to the WWF (World Wildlife Fund).
More patterns supporting the WWF are:
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.