This squirrel will take your heart in no time. And maybe bring it to someone else? This is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift, love declaration and a sweet way to say “I love you”.
Techniques used are:
- knit in the round
- simple increases and decreases
- graft/kitchener stitch.
The body is knit in one piece with arms, tail and feet knit separately and sewn on later, alternatively you can pick up the stitches for these directly from the body.
The gauge is not important, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fiberfill from showing.
What you need:
- ~20grams of cotton or other dk weight yarn, for example Cascade Ultimo Pima (200m/100g) in a squirrely colour (brown, red, gray…)
- a small amount of red DK yarn for the heart (2-3g).
- leftover yarn in black for eyes and face
- A set of double pointed needles or cable needle (one size smaller than indicated on the yarn – I used 2.5mm)
- 1 stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round
- optional: leftover bits for embroidery on the animal, small scarf or top hat…
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.