This cute seagull is the perfect addition to your maritime decoration and makes a lovely baby mobile hanger!
Techniques used are:
- knitting in the round and
- short rows as well as
- simple increases and decreases.
The body is knit in one piece, with wings knit separately and sewn on later (alternatively you can of course pick up the stitches directly from the body and knit them on).
The gauge is not very important, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fiberfill from showing.
What you need:
– Ca. 10g cotton yarn or similar in white and gray,
– Small leftovers of the same yarn quality in yellow for the beak and black for the eyes
– 5 double pointed needles (2.5 – 3.5mm or appropriate to yarn
– Tapestry needle
My seagulls are knit with M&K Eco Cotton and needles size 2.5mm. They are about 12cm long.
The seagulls love flying in a baby mobile together with the Hot Air Balloons
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.