Is it winter yet? This cute snowman wants to go out and play in the snow with you, decorate your home for the festivities and he looks cute as a gift topper or christmas tree hanger, too!
A perfect small gift for kids and adults alike and a cute addition to your winter decoration.
This pattern is beginner/intermediate level and gives instructions for two versions of the snowman including the pompom hat and top hat and scarf.
Techniques needed are:
- knit in the round and knit flat
- simple increases and decreases
- i-cord and picking up stitches for nose and top hat
The gauge is not very important, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fiberfill from showing.
My snowmen are made from cotton yarn and needles size 2.5mm and measure 12cm and 18cm in height.
What you need:
- Ca. 10g cotton yarn or similar in white
- 3-5g in contrasting colour for hat and scarf, black for top hat, eyes and buttons
- Small leftovers of the same yarn quality in yellow for the nose
- 5 double pointed needles (2.5 – 3.5mm or appropriate to yarn weight)
- Tapestry needle
Please tag your finished items on Instagram @MumpitzDesign so I can see them <3
This pattern includes two PDF files for the English version and the German version.